*By: Megan Deppen*
Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I love the changing of the leaves, cooler temps, and cozy sweaters. One of the best things about fall is the delicious foods that I start craving once the season hits in late September.
Some of my go-to foods fall foods are:
- Pumpkin Pie – I have a delicious recipe, My Perfect Pumpkin Pie from Lauren Conrad that I love making for Thanksgiving every year.
- Apple Pie – This is another recipe from Lauren Conrad that I enjoy making during this time.
- Spaghetti Squash with Chicken Meatballs – I know what you’re thinking, how can spaghetti squash be better than actual spaghetti? For a healthy alternative, this recipe from the Whole30 is delicious and the best part is you won’t feel guilty afterward!
- Beef Chili – This was one of my first recipes I made when I started the Whole30 and let’s just say I made it even when I was finished with the program.
- Hot Chocolate – There’s nothing cozier during this time of year then enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream. A brand of hot chocolate that I really like is by Sillycow Farms in flavor Chocolate-Chocolate.
- Apple Cider – In my hometown, we have a local orchard, Dries Orchards that presses their own apple cider and it’s oh so good!
What are some of your favorite foods that you are craving this time of year? Leave your comments below.