*By: Christi Shingara*
Chocolate chip cookies have always been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl. My mom always made the best (yes, I may be biased!), using the recipe right off the Nestle Toll House Morsels packaging. I remember after she made the batch, I would take a bunch, eat one and then hide the rest to eat later because they were gobbled up so quickly. One day, I got the itch to bake and tried making them myself. I could never get them to taste just like mom’s until I started making my vegan chocolate chip cookies.
Around the holidays, I enjoy making baked goods for friends, family and co-workers. However, some of my co-workers are vegan, which put me in a dilemma because I didn’t have any vegan recipes. I wanted to make sure they could also partake in some of my holiday treats, so that is when I started researching how to make the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookies.
After much trial and error, I finally perfected the recipe, and now I would like to share it with you. They are super tasty, chewy and full of chocolatey goodness! You wouldn’t even know they are vegan! Now, my mom asks me to make my vegan chocolate chip cookies because she loves them just as much as her own.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees
- Mix thoroughly the coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the almond milk & vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate morsels.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten them out a bit with your palm.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. (This you depends on your oven and how fast it will bake them) For my oven it is usually 10 minutes to bake these.
Check out the step by step video below!