*By: Megan Deppen*
Corned Beef Hash is the perfect go-to dish for your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. This recipe is super delicious, easy to make and the best part is you can have it for breakfast (add an egg), lunch, or dinner. Believe me, you’ll be wanting more than just one serving of this dish! Check out the video and recipe below. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups corn beef, diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound russet potatoes (3 or 4 medium to large), diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- *Optional for garish – 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly coat your sheet pan with oil or cooking spray.
2. Next, put your cubed potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Add in thyme, oregano, and basil. Then add salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
3. Then place the potatoes in the oven for about 18-20 minutes until they are crisp. Remove from oven and set aside.
4. Next, add 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet and melt it over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion to the skillet, and cook for about 3-4 minutes or when the onions become translucent.
5. Finally, add in the corned beef and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes or until slightly browned . Stir in potatoes and Worcestershire until the potatoes are evenly browned and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Damn Delicious.