*By: Christi Shingara*
A refreshing cocktail for the summer? Yes, please! One of my favorite summertime drinks is a pineapple margarita. It is not only refreshing and tasty, but also easy to make. It is the perfect cocktail to consume on a hot, sunny day at the beach or just lounging by the pool in the comfort of your own home!
- 1 ½ ounces of your favorite tequila (I like Cabo Wabo or Espolon, but any tequila will do)
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- ¾ ounce Cointreau
- ¾ ounce (1 ½ tablespoon) fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt for the rim (optional)
- Ice, for serving
- For the garnish: pineapple wedge and/or lime wedge
- IF SALTING THE RIM OF THE GLASS: Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt.
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Shake until cold. Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with ice and serve.