With the hot and humid summer weather upon us, you might find yourself craving a refreshing drink to cool off and captivate your palate. A watermelon martini will do the trick!
Watermelon alone is the go-to fruit of the summer due to its sweet and invigorating flavor. Add the cooling taste of mint and your favorite vodka and you’re in for a real treat! It can be a great signature drink at that summer dinner party or the perfect drink beachside.
- ½ cup chopped watermelon
- 2 mint leaves
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- A small watermelon wedge for a garnish (a lemon or lime wedge will also work)
- Chop the watermelon into chunks.
- Add the melon and mint to a cocktail shaker and muddle them into a gently mash.
- Add the vodka, Cointreau, lime juice and simple syrup.
- Fill with ice and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a small watermelon wedge, if desired.