*By: Megan Deppen*
Labor Day is just around the corner and if you’re looking for a delicious and classic American burger recipe, make sure to add these burgers to your menu. They are incredibly flavorful and juicy and will satisfy your burger cravings. Enjoy and Happy Labor Day Weekend!
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
*Tip – When choosing your meat, make sure to get 80/20, which is 80% lean and 20% fat. This combination will result in a moist, juicy burger.
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
Slices of American Cheese or cheese of your choice
1. In a bowl, mix together the ground beef with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
*Tip – Don’t over mix the meat, or your burgers will be tough.
2. Divide the meat evenly into patties and press your finger into the middle of them to prevent them from bulging while they cook. This will help to not press down on the patties while they are cooking and to keep the juices inside.
*See photo of what the patty should look like above.
3. Preheat your cast iron pan on high heat on the stove, place the patties in the pan and cover with a lid.
4. Cook each side until a crust begins to form on the bottom and then add the cheese and cover with a lid to melt it.
5. Remove burgers from pan and let them rest for a few minutes. This will help the burger retain their juices.
6. Place the burgers on a bun and top it with your condiments of choice. We topped it with tomatoes, lettuce, and mixed mayonnaise and ketchup together to make a yummy sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Food Republic.
Do you have a great burger recipe to share? Leave us your comments below.