*By: Christi Shingara*
Need a delicious dessert in a pinch? Chocolate chip cake bars are my go-to! They are ready in less than an hour and do not require a lot of ingredients. I have made them for many years and always get so many compliments. I tweak the recipe from time to time and use different types of morsels such as peanut butter or dark chocolate. You really can’t go wrong with this quick, easy and decadent dessert!
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Beat on medium speed for two minutes.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Spread in greased 13in. x 9in. x 2in. baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- After bars are done baking, melt shortening with the remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over the top.
- Cut into bars.