*By: Christi Shingara*
There’s nothing like coming in from the cold and enjoying a hot bowl of beef vegetable soup. This recipe is a slow cooker success and guaranteed to be a family favorite! It’s packed with hearty vegetables, herbs and juicy beef stew meat, which makes this soup not only super delicious, but healthy as well. And best of all, you’ll have leftovers for days!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 8 hours
TOTAL TIME: 8 hours 15 minutes
SERVINGS: 6 servings
- 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1/2 cup of tomato juice
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 5 carrots skinned and chopped
- 1 package of frozen vegetables
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp. of basil
- 1/2 tsp. of oregano
- 1/2 tsp. of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan over high heat, fry beef in oil just until browned on all sides. Add beef to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add dice tomatoes, beef broth, bouillon cubes, onion, celery, carrots, mixed vegetables, peas, basil, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Have a favorite slow cooker recipe? Let us know in the comments!