*By: Megan Deppen*
One of my favorite things about fall is pumpkin season and these pumpkin muffins will not disappoint! With the perfect balance of spices and sweetness, these muffins will satisfy your next pumpkin craving. The secret ingredient is coconut oil, which keeps the muffins moist, so you don’t have to worry about them becoming dry even after a few days. Not only are these muffins delicious and easy to make, but they will also leave your house smelling so so good! Enjoy!
1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 paper liners and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the flour, sugars, baking powder, spices, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in another medium bowl and mix until combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together, but be careful not to overmix the batter.
5. Use an ice cream scooper if you have one, since this will be the easiest way to scoop the batter into the muffin tins and will leave them puffy on top. Fill the muffin tins almost to the top.
6. Please muffins in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick. (Note: My oven took a little more time to cook them, around 30-32 minutes)
7. Remove them from the oven and enjoy! You can eat them plain or with melted butter.
Recipe courtesy of Lovely Little Kitchen