*By: Christi Shingara*
If you need an easy and delicious dessert to make for the holidays this is it! It is a chocolate lovers dream with a silky richness that will make this dessert the hit of the party! Homemade crust or frozen crust can be used and if you want to give it an extra kick of flavor, graham cracker or Oreo crust will do just the trick. This dessert is not only a fitting treat for the holidays, but for anytime throughout the year.
- 1 whole pie crust baked and cooled (or can use Oreo or graham cracker crust)
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 c. whole milk
- 4 whole egg yolks
- 6 1/2 oz. weight bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir or whisk together.
- Pour in milk and egg yolks, and whisk together.
- Stir over medium heat until the mixture just barely comes to a boil and becomes thick, about 6-8 minutes. The second it starts to bubble and thicken. (It should be like pudding.) Remove it from the heat. Add the chocolate, vanilla, and butter, and stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the pudding into the pie crust and place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours uncovered.
- Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream.
Recipe: The Pioneer Woman
One thought on “Decadent Chocolate Pie”
This looks dark and delicious. I’m not a sweet eater, but chocolate pie and whipped cream are a favorite!