*By: Megan Deppen*
My husband and I are ringing in 2022 by making our annual pork and sauerkraut Instant Pot recipe. If you’re not from Pennsylvania, you may be really confused as to why this is a traditional New Year’s dish. This is a traditional dish that originated from the Pennsylvania Dutch and it’s meant to bring good luck in the New Year. Let’s hope that rings true!
If you’re one that is skeptical of sauerkraut, like I was growing up, I promise this recipe will make you think otherwise. This dish has such great flavor and will make you coming back for seconds. We hope you enjoy this recipe and have a healthy and Happy New Year!
Recipe courtesy of A Mind “Full” Mom.
- 2 lbs Pork Loin Roast
- 16 oz. Sauerkraut
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 sliced apple
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic – optional
- Salt and pepper
- Cut pork loin roast into 2-3 inch chunks and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the meat in the Instant Pot and add in apple juice, apples, onions, garlic and place the sauerkraut on top.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes and then after 15 minutes allow pressure to release and wait 15 minutes.
- Serve your pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
What is your traditional New Year’s dish? Leave us your comments below.