*By: Megan Deppen*
It’s a new year and that means a fresh start and outlook for 2022! Many of us set fitness goals as one of our top New Year’s resolutions, but let’s be honest, after January is over, it can be hard to keep up with your fitness routine and those coveted goals.
So the question is: How do you stick with your fitness goals after the new year? Here are some helpful tips that will hopefully help keep you on track all year long.
- Set Realistic Goals – Make sure you’re setting yourself up for success and setting goals that you can achieve. There’s nothing more discouraging than setting unrealistic goals and not being able to reach them. That is when we get frustrated and lose interest. Also, focus on one goal at a time. If you bombard yourself with too many goals, you’ll end up overwhelming yourself.
- Get A Workout Partner – As we know working out with others can help motivate us, so find someone you can workout with during the week. Your workout partner can also help hold you accountable.
- Set Measurable Goals – When setting your goals, you want to have goals that you can actually measure, since this will make it easier to track your progress. For example, one of your goals could be to do more cardio, but what does that actually mean? To measure the goal, you can say you would like to do 4 hours of cardio a week.
- Make a Schedule – Set a workout schedule and stick to it. This will help to keep you on track and will put your body into a routine. Also, remember to change up your workouts so you don’t get bored and lose interest.
- Be Flexible – Don’t be too strict with your workout routine and try to have fun! If you have one day where you can’t seem to fit in a workout or you’re too tired, that is okay and there is always the next day. It’s important to give your body a break and not be too hard on yourself.
Do you have any fitness goals and tips for sticking with them? Leave us your comments below.