*By: Christi Shingara*
Soup weather is upon us, and there’s nothing like coming in from the cold and sitting down to a piping hot bowl of chili. This particular dish is made in the Instant Pot and is my favorite way to make chili.
My family prefers a milder chili, however you can determine the level of spiciness based on how many chilis and how much hot sauce you add. It’s a hearty winter meal and will warm you up instantly!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 – 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 – 15 to 16 ounce cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 – 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 – 4.5 ounce can diced green chiles, undrained (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 1 – cup of elbow macaroni (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and/or sliced green onions
Prep: Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and adjust to Normal. Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic for about 10 minutes or until the meat is browned and onion is tender. Press Cancel. Add tomato sauce, beans, broth, tomatoes, chili powder, black pepper, and green chiles (if using). Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve.
Cook: Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a natural release to depressurize. This takes about 25 to 30 minutes.
If using elbow macaroni, make pasta according to packaging and add cooked pasta in the instant pot.
Serve: Serve chili with hot sauce (if using), cheese, sour cream, and/or green onions.
Have a great Instant Pot or chili recipe? Let us know in the comments below!