*By: Christi Shingara*
Looking to make a dessert that looks more complicated than it really is and impress your guests? Then this is recipe for you! Coconut macaroons look like a fancy confection that require intricate ingredients and a lot of time and patience, but the fact is, these three ingredient macaroons have minimal ingredients and bake for only 12-minutes. Easy breezy and just how we like it! Just don’t tell your guests they were that easy. What they don’t know won’t hurt them!
- 5 1/2 cups gently packed sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Spray the paper or foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract; blend well.
- Grease or spray a teaspoon or cookie scoop.
- Drop mounds of the coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2 inches between the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Immediately remove the cookies to a rack to cool.
*** Quick tip: If you find that the macaroons are spreading when they bake, place the uncooked dough mounds on the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, or until cold. Then proceed with baking.
Recipe by: The Spruce Eats