*By: Megan Deppen*
Do you find yourself short on time to a cook a decent and satisfying meal during the week? If the answer is yes, then you may consider purchasing an air fryer. You may have seen air fryers on the shelves at every major retail chain, especially around the holidays, but maybe you weren’t exactly sure what their function was and why they were so popular? My thoughts exactly!
An air fryer is essentially a mini convention oven where you can still mimic the crispiness and texture of your favorite fried foods, but without all of the extra calories. The benefits of air fryers include meals that are both quick to make and clean up. Sounds like a win-win! Additionally, you can make almost anything in it, including burgers, fries, steaks, chicken, salmon, and vegetables. If you’re interested in purchasing an air fryer, there are a variety of brands on the market, so you might want to do your research to see which one makes sense for your cooking needs. You can check out a similar air fryer to what we have here.
If you’re looking for an easy recipe to try out with your new air fryer, check out this easy burger and fries recipe below.
Air Fryer Burger and Fries Recipe
- Burger Patties
- Burger Buns
- Other toppings of your choice
- Fries – You can make your own or buy them (We buy the Alexia brand)
- Place the burger patties in the air fryer basket, making sure there is an inch apart between the patties.
- Cook the burgers at 350 degrees for 4 minutes and then flip the patties and cook them for another 4 minutes on the other side. They should be golden brown on the outside and a medium consistency on the inside.
- When the burgers are finished, add a slice of cheese and cook for an additional minute.
- To make the fries, place them in the air fryer and spread them evenly. Then cook at 380 degrees for 12-15 minutes and flip them halfway through the cooking process. When finished, they should be crisp and golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you have an air fryer and if so, what are your thoughts? Leave us your comments below.