*By: Christi Shingara*
St. Patrick’s Day is here and this year’s celebrations are going to happen like no other especially since the last few years have been a bust due to Covid restrictions. Instead of the typical green beer and endless pints of Guinness it’s time to try something a little more sophisticated. The Irish Mule is a bit like the Moscow Mule with Irish whiskey replacing the vodka. Another fun feature which is highly encouraged is to use the copper mug to drink it in. Check out the recipe below and sláinte!
- 4 oz. ginger beer
- 1 ½ oz. Irish whiskey (I prefer Jameson Irish Whiskey)
- ½ oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Ice, for serving
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Lime rounds, for garnish
- In a copper mug (or your favorite cocktail glass), measure out the ginger beer, vodka and lime juice.
- Add ice, and stir with a cocktail spoon.
- Garnish with a lime round and a sprig of mint before enjoying immediately!
Recipe by: The Speckle Palate
Have a favorite St. Patrick’s Day cocktail? Let us know in the comments below!