*By: Megan Deppen*
Many of us are currently working from home and you might be asking yourself, what should I wear today? Is it easier and less time consuming to pick out an outfit now that you are working from home? Do you find yourself in sweats or workout clothes or do you need to get dressed up in order to start your day?
For me, it’s all about balance with my wardrobe. Some days I need to get dressed in professional clothing in order to feel good about myself and to be productive. On other days, I’m fine with workout clothes. My attire also greatly depends if I will be in Zoom meetings that day. If I do decide to get “dressed up” more than usual, below are some staple items that help me feel ready to tackle the day ahead.
- Lipstick – I usually prefer a bold lip. I love the Elf Matte Lip Color in Cranberry, especially now that we are in the Fall months. I also love NARS Dragon Girl for a perfect red lip.
- Mascara – My favorite mascara is from the Honest Company. It’s a two-in-one lash primer and mascara and gives you long, luscious lashes. It’s also clean beauty and is made without harmful and toxic chemicals.
- Headbands – These are my go-to hair accessory, especially for days when I’m too lazy to wash my hair (which is most days). I can throw on one of these fun headbands and my look feels complete. Some brands that I like for headbands are Anthropologie, Target, and Wilson Ross.
- Oversize gold watch
- I’m really into jewelry from Uncommon James. It’s dainty and there are some great pieces for layering.
- Earrings – Girl Boss 2.0
- Leggings – Currently loving these high-waisted lattice leggings from Old Navy
- Skinny Jeans – I’m very into Old Navy’s high-wasted jeans these days. They are affordable, fit great, and are comfortable.
- Blazers – You can dress a blazer up from day to night. My go-to outfit is a blazer with skinny jeans. You can’t go wrong with this combination.
- Jumpers – I like to throw on a jumper and go. I especially love jumpers that look stylish and they feel like you are wearing pajamas.
What is your dress attire working from home? Post a picture and leave your comments below.