*By: Megan Deppen*
Is it a struggle trying to workout some days? I don’t know about you, but I instantly look forward to a workout when I purchase new fitness clothes. It makes me feel confident, strong, and motivated all over again. In the last few years, workout clothes have become somewhat of a fashion statement. From bold colors to fun styles, if you’re finding yourself in a workout rut, it might be time to update your fitness wardrobe, and the good news is you don’t have to break the bank!
Here are a few of my go-to workout clothes and brands right now:
- Sports Bra – A supportive sports bra is a must-have. The bra that I have had for years and still fits great is from Victoria Secret Pink. Not only does it fit well, it doesn’t lose shape in the wash. As with a lot of big name retailers, The Victoria Secret brand has downsized substantially over the years, so hopefully the quality is still the same as it was in the past.
- Leggings – I love a good legging. I just bought these from Avia, and they are really comfortable and fit great. An added bonus feature they have are side pockets, which is convenient for storing your phone, Chapstick or other items. I have also bought many other workout clothes from this brand that fit well and are affordable!
- Fitted Shirts – I have a few short-sleeved shirts from Under Armour that I really like and Danskin makes some nice long-sleeved fitted shirts that are great for cooler weather.
- Vests – I love vests because I’m all about pockets to store your things. I recently purchased one from Avia.
- Shoes – I’m a runner, so it’s super important that I have a good supportive shoe. There are so many different types of shoes on the market, it’s hard to decide what works best for you. I have been purchasing Brooks for the last couple years and I like their Ghost brand. They are a bit on the pricier side, but if you’re an avid runner, they offer great support and durability.
What’s even better is that there have been many days during this pandemic that I’ve worn my workout clothes as my actual work clothes, and I’m pretty sure no one knows the difference!
What does your workout style look like? Leave your comments below.